I got my nails done about 3 days ago and they’re awesome! Super shiny and my nails are slightly thicker so they don’t feel as fragile. I can even go bowling without chipping the polish off. *yay* I think the colour I have on is 31?.. Not too sure. It’s supposed to last at least 2 weeks without chipping, so we’ll see..
I will be getting my own gel LED nail system so I can do it myself cause it’s really simple to do and works out to be a lot cheaper than the nails salon. It is just a bit of a pain to take off because you need to soak it in acetone for about 10mins.
For those who don’t know much about gel nails, the 2 most popular systems are Shellac and Gelish. I haven’t had the Shellac ones done yet but I’ve been told that Gelish carries a wider range of colours and tend to be more durable than Shellac.
The process is pretty simple…
- First you apply the Gelish pH bond (this dehydrates the nail bed for better bond of the polish)
- Then the Gelish Foundation Base gel (cure under LED lights for 10sec/ UV light for 30sec)
- Two coats of Gelish Soak-Off colour (cure after each coat under LED lights for 30sec/
UV light for 2min)
- Then the Gelish Top if Off Sealer goes on top (cure under LED lights for 35sec/ UV light for 2-3min)
- Finally, wipe over nails using alcohol to remove the tacky gel residue on top and your done!
*note: Curing time may vary depending on machines.